Job Code : 829
Category : Engineer
Type : Contract to Hire
Job DescriptionPay Rate: 60-65/hr +/-
Duration: 3 Months - Contract to Hire
• Under general to broad supervision, manages and allocates infrastructure resources by monitoring and maintaining system platforms in support of information technology operations.
• Provides secondary support for network hardware and software such as web applications and wide area network’s (WAN) systems.
• May install and maintain UNIX servers.
• May serve as technical lead for projects with complex requirements.
• May also install and administer application software and manage the middleware component.
• 7+ years Linux Server system administration experience in a large-scale, high-traffic, redundant, cloud-based PaaS/SaaS environment at a Public Cloud provider
• Familiar with the challenges of maintaining the various layers of the web/application/database stack
• Knowledgeable of operational practices including DevOps and agile
• Familiar with modern web infrastructure technologies, virtualization, clustering, load-balancing and content delivery networks
• Implemented and/or maintained system automation technologies (Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Salt, etc)
• Experience with Open Source products
• Experience with system and application performance measurement and troubleshooting tools
• Networking knowledge (TCP/IP, firewall, load-balancing, etc.)
• Scripting ability (Perl, Bash, Python, Ruby, etc.)
• Know how to work closely with a team and collaborate effectively
• Excellent time management and communication skills
• Have an insatiable appetite for technology