Job Code : 529
Category : Engineer
Type : Contract to Hire
Job DescriptionRate: 110K conversion salary
Odyssey is seeking a Security Engineer to come on board as a consultant for a large, enterprise company in Dallas. This role will be heavily focused on qRadar management and development and we need someone with strong experience working with this tool - please be sure to draw attention to this in your resume or attached summary when applying.
Keys to the role:
• Maintain QRadar in a complex network environment and assist security analysts in building operational processes around the QRadar ecosystem
• Develop QRadar content and correlation rules for malware detection
• Develop QRadar reports and alerts for security-related events as needed
• Tune and troubleshoot QRadar to deliver optimal performance in a high-volume enterprise environment
• Review and work with QRadar offenses to provide accurate data appropriate for the enterprise environment
• Develop and tune QRadar Watson to assist in providing intelligence and a proper threat research strategy
• Assists with enterprise vulnerability scans, analyzing scan results and make recommendations for vulnerability mitigation.
• Assists with enterprise IPS and Web Filtering rules and make recommendations for vulnerability mitigation.
• Security Engineer will be a proven leader with excellent oral and written communication skills, he/she should also be capable of working with a security team of varying experience levels to effectively monitor security incidents as well as make recommendations to improve the security posture of a large organization. Independent tasking and project completion with little supervision is a must.
• A candidate should have some or all of the following traits: Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills as well as interpersonal skills to interact with users, team members and senior management; Subject Matter Expert-level skills in managing and maintaining security architecture and supporting security tools within that architecture.
• Candidate must have a strong foundation of Network and Security skills, fundamental knowledge of Windows, Linux, Palo, and Cisco operating systems, networking protocols, network traffic analysis, and information security.
• Desirable certifications include CISSP, GCIH, GCIA, CEH, GCFA
Tags: Security, Qradar, SIEM