Job Code : 726
Category : Engineer
Type : Contract
Job DescriptionDuration: 12 Months
The Leak Detection Specialist is responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining appropriate leak detection applications. These responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Configure leak detection applications to adequately monitor pipeline operations.
• Build new and modify existing leak detection systems by means of screen development, database updates, verification of data integrity, and system documentation.
• Support existing leak detection systems my means of troubleshooting configurations, analysis of real-time SCADA inputs, and tuning of leak detection alarm limit parameters.
• Maintain and create, as needed, scripts to perform special functions or automated reports.
• Must perform work in an independent manner as well as in a team environment as the job requires.
• Provide written and verbal project status reports of activities and progress on various tasks.
• A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, IT, IS or other technical related field.
• A minimum of 2 years of experience working in a SCADA or Process Control environment performing database administrative functions such as database editing and/or configuration.
• Experience with real-time SCADA-integrated leak detection applications such as OASyS LMS is preferred.
• Ability to support real-time, high performance, mission-critical applications used in a 24x7 pipeline operations control center is required.
• Ability to work in a small team environment.
• Ability to communicate well and quickly troubleshoot problems is required.