Job Code : 579038
Category : Agile
Type : Contract
Job DescriptionThe Release Train Engineer (RTE) is a servant leader and coach. You will identify needs, remove impediments and contribute as necessary to ensure the performance and success of the team. This position requires a leader accountable for maximizing the business value produced by the team, including throughput and delivery. This position will leverage intelligent automation technologies to eliminate, consolidate, automate and/or augment work processes for most aggressive efficiency gains. Technologies include Robotic Process Automation (RPA) – “Bots,” Intelligent Agents “interactive bots” & Artificial Intelligence – “Smart Bots.”
• Ability to effectively communicate at all levels of the organization, including Director and above levels.
• Actively remove impediments that block progress for the Release Train to support scrum team delivery.
• Partner and collaborate with Release Train team stakeholders, vendors and dependent teams.
• Lead increment planning sessions to establish scope and build release plans.
• Manage and facilitate cross-functional team ceremonies to support development and product releases.
• Assist with execution and Feature/Capability completion tracking.
• Collaborate with Product managers and Enterprise Architects to understand program features and drive release train delivery.
• Champion and foster project change management processes and procedures.
• Solid understanding of project management methodology to identify and manage issues, risks and dependencies.
• Collaborate with Portfolio Managers to understand and shape the definition of portfolio programs, assess progress/health, and report metrics.
• Foster team accountability while ensuring continual flow of high quality value from the Release Train.
• Attend System and Solution Demos
• Ensure that projects follow standard policies, procedures, and practices.
• Assist in coaching leaders and scrum masters in lean agile practices.
Desired Skills and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited college/university.
• 10 + years of experience leading Information Technology projects.
• 5 + years leading large scale transformation programs, involving business process and change, organization change, and multiple large scale technology components.
• 2+ years delivering large scale IT solutions leveraging Agile or Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
• Experience in business and solution development, project/program management, and project delivery.
• Very strong understanding of the system development life cycle.
• Ability to interact effectively with various levels within the organization.
• Proven experience in change management.
• Excellent verbal, written communication and presentation skills.