Job Code : 662954
Category : Developer
Type : Contract
Job DescriptionA financial company in Plano, Texas, is looking a Quality Engineer to develop automated test scripts as part of an Agile/DevOps methodology. This role will support development of the integration platform that will provide micro services and web services for the enterprise Integration Platform. The ideal candidate will have experience in developing automation testing with selenium and continuous deployment tools like Jenkins and performed unit testing with JUnit or a similar tool.
• Build test automation in alignment with CI/CD
• Transition test scripting knowledge from existing supplier
• Automation scripting using Selenium or similar tools
• Leveraging modern test frameworks such as BDD and TDD using Cucumber or similar tools
• 5+ years of professional software engineering experience
• Be familiar with several programming languages and have in-depth experience with at least one (Python, Bash/Shell, Ruby, etc).
• Experience testing cloud applications
• Experience with common testing frameworks and tools like jUnit, Selenium, Pytest, or Cucumber
• Experience with automated testing of REST APIs
• Experience with automating performance testing with tools like jMeter or Locust
• Familiarity with integrating automated tests as part of CI (Continuous Integration) Tools and delivery practices with tools like Jenkins and Bamboo
• Experience with source/test code control and bug tracking tools such as GIT and JIRA
• Knowledge of TDD (Test Driven Development) and BDD
• Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
• Be willing to learn new tools/languages/frameworks as technology evolves, inspired by the increased complexity of the problems at hand.
• Write clean, logical, high quality code and unit tests.
• Have a degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related experience.
• Have a deep understanding of computer science fundamentals.