Job Code : 578566
Category : Data Analyst
Type : Contract
Job DescriptionA transportation company in Fort Worth, Texas, is looking for a Database Administrator (DBA) for staff augmentation purposes to help manage its Oracle database environment. The position will be responsible for ongoing administration of existing environments including defining, planning, implementing and supporting the company's physical Oracle databases for the enterprise.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Performs physical database administration (DBA) tasks in Oracle. Also performs basic DBA tasks in SQL Server and DB2 environments as necessary.
• Designs and builds simple to complex database structures from data models.
• Installs, configures and patches Oracle.
• Implements HA and DR systems using Shareplex Replication, Dataguard and RAC.
• Builds and manages Data Guard Physical/Logical Standby Databases using Data Guard Broker
• Provides rotating 24x7 on-call support for company's Oracle, SQL Server, and DB2 environments as necessary.
• Participates in design reviews as required to ensure database design meets application requirements.
• Designs, maintains, documents and executes database utilities to provide information regarding database activity.
• Proactively performs database monitoring and performance tuning tasks.
• Identify and provide solutions to performance issues in multiple database environments.
• Provides automation to standard DBA tasks. Able to develop scripts on UNIX and Windows platforms as necessary.
• Reviews and enforces adherence to the company's Architecture, as well as database design and usage standards.
• Understands database high availability technologies and guides the company in implementing appropriate solutions.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• B.S. degree from an accredited university.
• Must have solid Oracle RAC and DataGuard experience.
• 8+ years of extensive experience with Oracle database installation / configuration best practices and Database upgrade/migration approaches.
• 5+ years of experience installing, building, upgrading and supporting Oracle RAC environment, ASM, Grid/Cluster.
• 5+ years of experience with Shareplex Replication - configuration, maintenance and troubleshooting.
• In-depth knowledge and hands-on experience in the installation, configuration and troubleshooting of Oracle products and patches, including Oracle 12c, RAC, ASM, Clusterware, GoldenGate, Dataguard, Oracle Database Appliance (ODA), Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c.
• Experience in Oracle 12c RAC based environment - architecture, installation, building, upgrading and maintenance of Oracle RAC based environment in production.
• Extensive experience in Oracle DataGuard replication and physical standby for Disaster recovery
• Working experience of Oracle Database Appliance.
• Strong knowledge of OEM 12C grid monitoring configuration.
• Strong working experience with RMAN configuration, Job maintenance and backup & recovery
• 8+ years of experience in database/application performance tuning and monitoring tools including AWR, ADDM, ASH and Statspack.
• Experience in database problem identification, problem diagnosis and resolution.
• Experience in building data architecture models and enforcing enterprise architecture standards and guidelines.
• Excellent communication – ability to explain a technical problem to management.
• Ability to work on high performing teams and deliver under pressure situations.