Job Code : 18182
Category : Engineer
Type : Permanent
Job DescriptionRate: 90-110k
Position Summary and Functions:
• Identifies critical aspects of operations (i.e., business functions, technology systems, primary facilities, and vendors).
• Identifies preventative measures to minimize the likelihood of a disruption to operations, and coordinate implementation of these measures with the appropriate departments. This includes, but is not limited to, the information, metrics, and dashboards available for early detection.
• Coordinates the development, review, and update of the disaster recover plan, which includes documentation for DR governance, procedures to maintain continuous DR technical readiness, run books for fail-over and return-to-normal in the event of a disruption to the computer systems.
• Monitors the information technology change management process and DR technology maintenance processes to help ensure that DR capabilities are in a continuous state of readiness. Plans and coordinates tabletop exercises and live testing of fail-over/return-to-normal capabilities.
• Coordinates the development, review, and update of the IT business continuity plan, which includes business impact analysis, documentation for BC governance, and procedures to enable business processes to continue in the event of a disruption to the business facilities.
• Conducts annual reviews of the business units’ IT needs for their business continuity plans. Provides guidance on the continuity-of-operations methodology to help ensure the business impact analysis, disaster recover plans, and business continuity plans support the business continuity objectives.
• Coordinates development, reviews, and updates of incident response plans and procedures. Plans and coordinates tabletop exercises, live testing, and other information assessments to help ensure that IR capabilities are in a continuous state of readiness. Provides overall coordination during an actual incident events to ensure compliance with process and timely resolution.
• Performs duties as the primary point-of-contact to the DR, BC, and IR partners, including third-party vendors and other IT groups. Coordinates approval and management of accounts for access to DR facilities. Monitors and coordinates responses to notifications generated by DR, BC, and IR vendors and partners.
• Acts as the overall program manager working with leaders within IT for the implementation of DR, BC, and IR.
Requirements and Qualifications:
• During a DR or incident event, 24x7 support may be required.
• Technical certifications in relevant systems and fields e.g. DRII Certified Business Continuity Professional (CBCP), EC Council Disaster Recovery Professional (EDRP), Mile2 Certified Disaster Recovery Engineer (CDRE).
• Experience in network planning, enterprise network architecture, capacity planning, Network evolution, strategic planning, or deployment.
• Experience in backup technologies and processes.
• Excellent project management skills. Demonstrated ability to plan, organize and direct the efforts of emergency response, disaster recovery, and business continuity programs. Proven ability to manage multiple projects and priorities in an ever-changing environment.
• Experience with system testing processes, to identify and close gaps in technical design for hardware and software, including Disaster Recovery testing.
• Previous experience assessing and enhancing operational processes in support of reliable systems, including development and tracking of performance metrics.
• Previous background as an DR Coordinator or Incident Coordinator.
• Highly seasoned professional with sound management judgment and strong verbal and written communication skills, and diplomacy in handling sensitive information.
• Strong facilitation and client-service skills. Proven ability to interact and influence outcomes at all levels of the Company, including local business units and senior management.
• Demonstrated ability to operate in a fast paced environment, with a sense of urgency and attention to detail.
• Proven ability to influence and collaborate with internal and external resources. Management of multiple location and departmental issues through partnering and solid business relationships.
• Strong analytical and independent thought process to assess abstract circumstances and manage ambiguity with limited guidance.
• Effective team player that can resolve conflict and offer win-win solutions to complex business challenges.
• While this is Perm, CTH will be considered