Job Code : 573522
Category : Developer
Type : Contract
Job DescriptionA company in Fort Worth, Texas, is looking for a GIS Developer to build tools and utilities to support Geographic Information Systems data.
• Build tools and utilities to support Geographic Information Systems (“GIS”) data.
• Design, develop, and support new enterprise GIS solutions and enhancements to existing software applications.
• Provide expertise for the deployment of custom spatial analysis and validation tools.
• Document all developed applications, tools, and utilities.
• Utilize Microsoft Visual Studio Team Foundation Server for version control and process guidance.
• Assist in the evolution of a maturing GIS data model.
• Perform programming and troubleshooting tasks by utilizing the ESRI ArcObjects API.
Required Skills and Experience:
• Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field, plus 3 years of GIS programming experience, or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, plus 5 years of GIS programming experience.
• Experience with applications development with ArcObjects using C#.NET, Python/Geoprocessing tools, and MS SQL Server.
• Demonstrated experience using Visual Studio Team Foundation Server and work on a development scrum.
• Experience with building custom addins using ArcMap desktop software, including editing, validation, and analysis tools.
• Experience building applications that utilize Linear Referencing and Dynamic Segmentation capabilities.