Job Code : 18185
Category : Security
Type : Contract
Job DescriptionTerm/Duration: 6 Months
Position Summary and Functions:
• Deploy and configure encryption and cryptographic key management solutions such as Vormetric, Gemalto, HPE Voltage, Protegrity, etc. as well as using native encryption.
• Participate in the encryption product selection process including planning, evaluation, design and implementation.
• Identify and document use cases for encryption and key management product selection.
• Participate in the definition and implementationof POCs (Proof of Concept) around encryption and key management.
• This role will collaborate with various teams such and engineering, networking, database administration, enterprise data management, enterprise architecture, data center operations, application owners, project management, compliance and information security to implement encryption solutions as well as implement data encryption.
• Responsible for implementing enhancements to existing encryption technologies.
• Responsible for preparing encryption and key management related technical documents, manuals and guidelines as required.
• Perform encryption systems maintenance and provide support for daily operations as needed.
• Administer encryption infrastructure and operations and ensure 99.99% availability of the encryption infrastructure.
• Develop and maintain encryption metrics for security operations reporting.
• Document and maintain encryption standards in line with the financial sector.
• Responsible for developing and maintaining enterprise-wide encryption monitoring mechanisms.
• Develop and maintain assessment reports focused on assets with encryption dependencies.
• Implement encryption standards and best practices.
• Coordinate with other teams to ensure high quality of encryption services.
• Perform other duties and or special projects as assigned.
Requirements and Qualifications:
• Five years of information security experience which includes three years of operational experience implementing and supporting encryption and key management solutions is required.
• Minimum three years of experience implementing, configuring and supporting at least one of the following third party encryption & key management solutions is required: Vormetric, Gemalto, HPE Voltage, Protegrity, Oracle TDE
• Three years experience in cryptography, various infrastructure and operating systems such as Windows, Solaris and Linux is required.
• Minimum three years of experience in database, networking, storage and system administration is required.
• Minimum two years’ experience with Windows, Solaris and Linux operating systems.
• Medium to large financial services company experience is a plus.
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in Information Security, Information Systems, Computer Science, or a related field is preferred.
• CISSP, ECES, CEH, GIAC, CRISC, CompTIA, SSCP or similar security certification is preferred.
• Broad knowledge of encryption methods for data at rest and in motion.
• Working knowledge of hardware security modules, key management and open source encryption technologies.
• Good understanding of various cryptographic methods and their usage.
• General knowledge of application access to data including client and server based key and certificate methods to encrypt transmissions and IP connections.
• Ability to create requirements, functional specifications and design documents for encryption and key management.
• Knowledge of FIPS related to encryption algorithms.
• Ability to create use cases and test cases for selection of encryption and key management technologies.
• Familiarity with Agile methodologies.
• Should be able to work as team member as well as independently.
• Strong analytical skills to perform problem solving and research solutions.
• Ability to clearly define complex issues despite incomplete or ambiguous information.
This role will be part of an enterprise-wide information security operations team responsible for Key Management and Encryption operations. The Encryption Engineer is responsible for maintaining encryption systems on different platforms, support daily operations and perform encryption systems installation, configuration and upgrades as needed. The encryption engineer will set priorities and manage day-to-day encryption operations across international locations. This position will report to the manager of information security operations.