Job Code : 10001
Category : Developer
Type : Contract to Hire
Job DescriptionUnder the supervision of a Technical Lead, Team Lead and/or the Manager of Application Development, the Developer II works with senior developers, quality analysts, and business analysts to understand, test, and troubleshoot issues for the company's software products. The Developer II develops a broad knowledge and understanding of supported product systems and leverages his or her skills in the appropriate technologies to develop software solutions to complex issues for all phases of the software development lifecycle. He or she works with other developers and team leaders to develop tools and company-wide software components.
· Leverage appropriate technologies (code development, product features, production support DB scripts, etc.) to develop programmatic solutions to recurring system issues.
· Use sound test-driven development practices (red/green/refactor).
· Remain informed of supported product team features and functionality.
· Refactor code to improve readability, testability, maintainability, and performance.
· Follow and help refine programming standards, best practices, coding styles, and other development guidelines.
· Participate in design/code reviews.
· Participate in daily team meetings.
· Contribute substantially to team goals as set by the Manager.
· Be available for rotational, after-hours “on-call” duties as required ensuring critical financial systems/functions are operational.
· Work with senior developers to ensure automated deployment of code.
· Develop applications through their full lifecycle.
· Interpret written requirements and technical specifications documents.
· Support, maintain, and document software functionality.
· Perform other duties as needed or assigned by a manager.
Education and Experience
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field and/or equivalent experience
· Minimum 3 years’ software development experience developing solutions on the Microsoft Platform
· Minimum 2 years’ professional experience developing solutions with C# and SQL Server
· Desired: 3 years’ development experience with Microsoft web-based application development
· Demonstrate experience with .NET, SQL Server 2014/TSQL
· Solid background in object-oriented design and analysis (OOD/OOA), unit testing, stored procedures, and DB performance
· Development skills, including experience with at least one .NET unit testing tool
· Accuracy and thoroughness in the implementation of project specifications and design requirements
· Desired: Knowledge of financial systems
· Desired: Experience implementing RESTful web APIs
· Experience with TDD a major plus
· Takes ownership of decisions, actions, challenges, and solutions
· Applies keen problem-solving skills to implementing cost-effective solutions
· Demonstrates refined written and verbal communication skills, fosters open communications, listens effectively, and builds strong partnership networks that result in consistent forward momentum
· Skilled at solving challenges in a directed, methodical manner and analyzes the current issue to envision creative solutions
· Takes initiative to complete critical tasks, especially in team settings with dependencies on other people
· Works effectively in the face of stress, ambiguity, difficult situations, and shifting priorities
· Steps outside of “comfort zone” to tackle new issues/challenges in an aggressive manner; deals well with ambiguity in a fast-paced, cutting-edge, and entrepreneurial environment
· Challenges the status quo to generate new ideas and implements unique solutions to fix challenging problems
· Collaborates and openly seeks and shares information across teams and departments
· Has a solid background in his or her technical field and continually augments experience and skills with the latest research results and techniques
· Demonstrates a bold commitment to the total alignment of actions, words, and professional beliefs