Job Code : 574976
Category : Data Analyst
Type : Contract
Job DescriptionA company in Fort Worth, Texas, is looking for a data scientist to apply analytical, statistical, and programming knowledge to collect, analyze and interpret large data sets. Experienced candidate needs to be innovative and show proven ability to work independently on big projects.
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Mathematics or related field.
• Excellent pattern recognition and predictive modeling skills.
• Must have a clear understanding and implementation of different machine learning algorithms such as logistic regression, decision trees, SVM, Naïve Bayes, KNN, neural networks, gradient descent, Random forest, etc.
• Experience working with structured and unstructured data.
• SQL experience is a must.
• Ability to understand business requirements, collaborate with team, provide ideas, and clearly present new findings/ solutions.
• Strong understanding of basic statistics, linear algebra and calculus.
• Programming background and exposure to python is required.
• Able to build analytics solution from scratch. Includes data exploration, extraction, cleaning, transformation, modeling, testing and implementation.
• Expertise in building machine learning algorithms using at least one of the following languages: Python, R and Scala
• Exposure to any reporting tool. Tableau is preferred.
• Experience working with natural language processing and text mining.
• Open to learn new tools and technologies.
• Able to adapt to fast-paced working environment.
• Worked on big data technologies such as Hadoop, Spark and its eco system. (pyspark is a plus)