Job Code : 579553
Category : Agile
Type : Contract
Job DescriptionThis position is responsible for implementing, facilitating and enabling Agile processes (SAFe, Scrum, Kanban) at the Portfolio, Program and Feature teams for the TSS 2.0 Program. The Agile Coach should be a servant-leader who educates and coaches teams on Agile practices to continually improve team performance.
• Ensure Scrum processes, rules and ceremonies are properly applied by leading, facilitating and supporting the following:
o Daily stand-up meetings
o Sprint Planning
o Sprint Retrospectives
o Sprint Demos
o Scrum of Scrum meetings
o Release Planning Events (as needed)
• Coach the team to:
o Understand and embrace Agile principles
o Become a self-governing high-performance team
o Collaborate and effectively manage work
o Manage intrapersonal conflicts. Escalates to PMO and TS Leadership where necessary, but only after internal team processes have failed to resolve the issue
o Refine the team’s work capacity
o Provide transparency to the work and progress
• Coach the Product Owner in:
o Maintaining and prioritizing the Product Backlog
o Writing and breaking down User Stories
o Protecting the team from uncontrolled injection of work
• Work with the RTE to help facilitate:
o Planning Events
o Scrum of Scrums (as needed)
o Project governance
o System Demos
o Stakeholder management and organizational change management
• Work with TS Leadership to instill an Agile culture.
• Collaborate with the PMO and TS Leadership and escalate as needed
• Support Scrum Masters in removing impediments to the team’s progress
• Make work visible (Kanban/Scrum boards, Agile tools, metrics, etc.)
• Collaborate with the PMO to develop and maintain team metrics
• Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited college/university.
• 10 + years of experience leading Information Technology projects.
• 5 + years leading large scale transformation programs, involving business process and change, organization change, and multiple large scale technology components.
• 2+ years delivering large scale IT solutions leveraging Agile or Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
• One or more Agile certifications:
• SAFe Agilist (SA)
• CSM (Certified Agile Coach)
• SAFe Program Consultant (SPC)
• PSM (Professional Agile Coach)
• PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)
• Experience in business and solution development, project/program management, and project delivery.
• Very strong understanding of the system development life cycle.
• Ability to interact effectively with various levels within the organization.
• Proven experience in change management.
• Excellent verbal, written communication and presentation skills.