Employee Spotlight: Savannah Beringer
1. What is your role at Odyssey Information Services & how long have you worked for them?
Account Manager – I’ve been at Odyssey almost 5 years.
2. What drew you to become an Account Manager?
I actually joke that I’ve done every job at Odyssey. I was briefly the receptionist, I’ve been a recruiter, I did lead generation for a while, then I was an assistant to an Account Manager for a couple years, so I understand many parts of the business. I found that Account Management was most closely aligned with my personality and skillset. I love being an advocate for our consultants, for Odyssey, and for my clients.
3. What’s your greatest achievement during your time at Odyssey?
Growing one of our major accounts and really developing relationships there has been a big achievement for me.
4. What are your biggest professional obstacles/challenges?
Managing high volume accounts can be difficult. There are always a lot of moving parts. Luckily, organization comes easily to me so keeping everything straight isn’t too challenging.
5. If you can choose anyone, who would be your mentor?
That’s tough! When I was an assistant, my manager was incredible. I learned a lot from her, and we keep in touch. I think if I could choose anyone it would be Nick Saban. I’m a huge college football fan, and I love his winning mentality.
6. List some fun facts about yourself (kids, pets, obscure facts, etc.)
* I have a 6-year-old miniature poodle, Lucky, that we rescued.
* I lived in 9 states before I was 5 years old, so I love to travel – I want to visit all 7 continents in my lifetime.
* When I was 8 years old, I told my parents I wanted to move to Dallas (I lived in a small town in Arkansas). They said I could, but I had to go to college first. I got a BS in Public Relations from the University of Central Arkansas in 2013 and moved to Dallas a week later!
* My husband and I volunteer together on Sunday nights – we work with local high school students.