EMPLOYEE SPOTLIGHT: Mai Tran
1. What is your role at Odyssey Information Services & how long have you worked for them?
I am a Business Development Manager and I have been with Odyssey since February of 2011.
2. What drew you to become a Business Development Manager?
I started as a Junior Recruiter in 2011 and after 4 years of excelling on the recruiting side, I wanted to take the industry full circle and branch out on to the client side of things.
3. What’s your greatest achievement during your time at Odyssey?
The greatest achievement for me is watching myself, colleagues and the Houston office as a WHOLE grow.
4. What advice would you give to others looking to pursue a career in Recruiting or Sales?
The best advice would be persistence and to find a great routine to stick to. The recruiting industry is challenging with more and more competition out there. The biggest thing is not to give up. “Success is the SUM of small efforts REPEATED day in and day out.”
5. If someone were to describe you in three words, what would you want them to say?
Relationship Builder, Routine Oriented, Self Motivated and Goal Oriented. (guess that’s 4- lol)
6. List some fun facts about yourself (kids, pets, obscure facts, etc.)
I am a working mom that is trying to balance everything in life out.